This course project unveils how modern browser works internally by building a simple browser in python.
In particular, this “toy” web browser is able to
- download web page through HTTP and HTTPS
- drawing windows, tabs, and texts on the screen
- lay out pages, fonts, and user styles with document tree and layout tree.
- handle basic user interactions, such as click on buttons and links.
- send information to servers via form and
- keep data private through cookie and logins, XSS, and CSRF.
For more information, visit the course website here.